The Women’s Caucus for Art (WCA) offers fiscal sponsorship and project management services to our members and their projects that do not have 501(c)(3) non-profit tax-exempt status. Tax-exempt status is required by many foundations, corporations and government agencies in order to be eligible for funding. As a fiscal sponsor, WCA acts as an umbrella organization for an individual or project and accepts and administers funds on its behalf. WCA is legally responsible for the funds received on behalf of fiscally sponsored projects and insures that the funds are used for charitable purposes, and that donor’s reporting requirements are met in a timely fashion.
Fiscal sponsorship broadens the available funding avenues an individual or project can pursue. However, fiscal sponsorships do not provide grants and WCA does not do research for individual project funding.
Eligibility And Considerations
In order to be eligible to apply to WCA for Fiscal Sponsorship, you must meet the following criteria:
• Be a member of WCA in good standing
• Reflect a similar commitment to the goals set forth in WCA’s mission.
• The work supported must be for purposes, which are legal, further a legitimate tax-exempt purpose, and in no way jeopardize the tax status of WCA.
• Meet the requirements outlined in the Review Criteria section of this application.
• The project budget must be at least $1000.00 with funding secured. The project may be considered for fiscal sponsorship if at least one contribution is committed, either from one individual or one foundation, for $1000 or more.
Projects are accepted by WCA after being reviewed using the following criteria:
• Relevance and Significance of Project to Public Interest Projects - Are subject matter and project consistent with the goals of WCA’s mission?
• Likelihood of Project Completion - Does the proposed project have a very high likelihood of being successfully completed and is the project feasible?
• Budget - Is the budget well developed and realistic for the project? Does the proposal budget match the needs of the project?
• Fundraising Ability - Are funds already secured or likely to be secured? Has the project director identified appropriate sources of funding for the project? Are the potential funders appropriate for the project?
• Demonstrated Ability of Key Project Personnel - Do the applicant and the proposed personnel have the ability to successfully complete the proposed project?
• NO Lobbying is permitted
All applications must be reviewed and approved by the majority of the executive committee. Deadline for applications is the 15th of each month and will be reviewed in a timely manner. Applicants will be notified within 45 days. Applications requiring earlier consideration may be put forth with the understanding that the Committee will make every effort to review it earlier if possible. Once the application is approved, a draft fiscal sponsorship agreement will be forwarded to the applicant for consideration and for edits. Once all language is agreed, a final agreement document will be forwarded to the applicant for signature. Once both parties sign the agreement, fiscal sponsorship services will begin.
Download the Application Form
• WCA will retain a $50 application fee
• WCA will retain a 5-10% fee for administering the sponsorship depending on the complexity
of the request